Rochester Images

Rochester Images -> Pathfinders -> Architecture ->Adaptive Reuse->Duffy Powers

Building Name: Duffy Powers

Duffy Powers. The Duffy Powers Building at West Main and Fitzhugh Streets.

Street Address: 50 West Main Street

Present Use (2003): Office space

Building Information

Date Built: 1906/1907

Original Use: Duffy-McInnerney Company, retail and dry goods store

Certificate. Flyer.
This certificate, issued in 1910, had a value of $3.00. Part of a Ninth Anniversary advertisement with illustrations done by students of the Art Class of Mechanics Institute.

Subsequent Uses: Changed to Duffy-Powers in 1911 which then went bankrupt in1932. It then became the Civic Exhibits building in 1940. In 1943 the building was used by the Navy for wartime manufacturing purposes. In 1961, the property was acquired by Rochester Institute of Technology.

Architecture

Design and Style: Beaux-Arts

Architect/Builder: Crandall & Strobel

 | Previous |

| Rochester Images | Central Library Home | LIBRA Home | LIBRAWeb |


Send comments to Webmaster
Copyright 2003
Monroe County (NY) Library System
115 South Ave., Rochester, NY 14604